PMP Clearinghouse Reporting
The State of Arizona requires outpatient dispensing pharmacies and providers who dispense out of their office to report controlled substance II-V dispensations to the PMP through the Clearinghouse program. Every outpatient pharmacy with an active DEA number, a valid Arizona pharmacy permit, and not limited to veterinary dispensing must have a Clearinghouse account and report daily. If no controlled substances were dispensed, a zero report must be submitted. The Arizona State Board of Pharmacy determined that the PMP will no longer accept waivers from dispensers for zero reporting. (A.R.S. 36-2608)
ASAP Reporting Standard 4.2B - Data Submission Guide & Info
Requirements for Data Format and Transmission
- The name, address, telephone number, prescription number, and DEA registration number of the dispenser;
- The name, address, gender, date of birth, and telephone number of the person or, if for an animal, the owner of the animal for whom the prescription is written;
- The name, address, telephone number, and DEA registration number of the prescribing medical practitioner;
- The quantity and National Drug Code (NDC) number of the Schedule II, III, IV, or V controlled substance dispensed;
- The date the prescription was dispensed;
- The number of refills, if any, authorized by the medical practitioner;
- The date the prescription was issued;
- The method of payment identified as cash or a third party;
- Whether the prescription is new or a refill.
If you have any questions or concerns about the data submission process, please contact Bamboo Technical Support directly at 1-855-929-4767. Technical Support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.